Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Potential Routine: Part 1

Exercise is important for anybody, but it is even more important for people with Cerebral Palsy. Although the actual event of me exercising either rarely or never happens...I confess. So, I'm writing this post tonight with the hopes of inspiring myself to put only FIVE minutes of exercise into my daily routine, but most importantly I'm inspiring you, the reader of this blog, to do the same! Don't worry there will be no exercises shown today, just a display of the fancy schmanzy equipment! Conclude with: THAT WAS DRAMATIC!

***As always, I am not a doctor so please consult with yours before you take any of my advice!

Here it goes:

1. Yoga Mat: You are going to need a comfortable surface on which to do your exercising. Personally, yoga mats work best for me! I've seen them being sold at thrift shops for around five bucks! There are some pretty good deals on websites like Amazon. For the adventurous types, there may be some steals/deals on your local Craigslist.

2. Resistance Band: Does anybody else think these smell like fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, or am I just weird? These are great for stretching out tired, sore muscles (As always check with your doctor first before using a resistance band). Anyways, I just found a great deal on resistance bands: one band for 1-2 dollars depending on the intended resistance.

More to come later!

No comments: