Monday, January 26, 2009

Making Connections



I'm a person who loves to make connections! Whether it be between people, topics, or things I'm learning. This is why I wanted to do a post on Audrey Hepburn today. Why? Well, even though she's known for her unconquerable talent as an A-list actress, Audrey Hepburn is also known for her dedicated work with UNICEF. As, you may know by reading my blog I love supporting and writing about charities and because of this I'm a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn and her work with UNICEF.

Talking about charities and such, check out this AMAZING charity, Kelly's Kidz, that gives assistant to families of kids with Special Needs (including Cerebral palsy).

Did you know...

That Audrey received a thank you letter from Noble-Peace Prize winning activist Elie Wiesel for co-hosting the gala "A Tribute to Peace from Oslo with Gregory Peck?"

Or

That Audrey visited such countries as Sudan on behalf of Unicef?

You can find amazing photographs and pieces of Audrey's work with UNICEF in this fantastic interactive book The Audrey Hepburn Treasures.

"It would be nice to be an expert on education, economics, politics, religion, traditions, and cultures and I am none of these things. But I am a mother and will travel."
-Audrey Hepburn

No comments: